Thursday 10 January 2013

A New Personal Discovery


I wrote yesterday on how important Twitter was for musicians reaching out to a wider audience and my theory manifested itself this morning. I noticed that a Manchester based indie band 'Bauer' was following me so I thought I would see for myself what they were about and I am liking what I am hearing.

I tried googling more information on the band but unfortunately there was not much information to be had, not even a wikipedia page. However I did find from their Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/bauersleepinggiant)  that it included band members Greg Matthews (singer/songwriter/synth) Neil Treppas (Producer/Bass) Lee Bradbury (drums) Micheal Reed (guitar).

Bauer have a really polished sound so I'm guessing from this that they are no small town band, in fact I would even go as far to say that they are a cooler version of Coldplay with their track 'Indian Sign' being an Indie power ballad. 'Gone' has such feel good vibes to it, a nice catchy tempo which would be perfect for cruising along in your car to on a summer's day. 'Connected' is my personal favourite, which I would describe as electro-pop as it is very danceable with shout-out-loud lyrics 'GONNA GET MYSELF CONNECTED HUNNY LIKE YOU DO'

I'm a bit nervous that I'm going to publish this post and I'll receive huge amounts of angry feedback with people saying 'you call yourself a music fan Nicky? Have you been hiding under a rock!?' as Bauer sound incredibly professional and have such beautiful songs that I find it hard to believe that I have only just heard of them. 

If you too want to hear what Bauer are about head over to https://soundcloud.com/bauermusic-1/indian-sign?in=bauermusic-1/sets/bauer-e-p-2006-1  to have a free listen. Their debut album 'Sleeping Giant' is out now.


No comments:

Post a Comment