Tuesday 21 May 2013

.....and then 3 come along at once!


They say all good things come in threes and today certainly has followed that rule for me, so in no particular order here's what has made my day;

1] With the current fashion of nostalgia in the music world box sets are being released everywhere we look. However I was very excited to find out that The Clash are releasing a box set in the shape of a boombox (well, at least that's new!) which will feature the remastered versions of their first five albums and tapes from Mick Jones. In addition to this the box set will also include a DVD of  previously unseen footage.
Another jump on the remastering albums bandwagon for easy money? Perhaps!
Will I be caving into this blatant act of consumer exploitation? Shamefully yes!



2] I wrote an article a while back on the Manchester indie band Bauer with a review on their album 'Sleeping Giant'. As most of you know I always route for the physical release of albums and after pestering Bauer for a while, they announced on Twitter today that the physical copy of 'Sleeping Giant' will be out Monday, available from Townsend Records online.


3] One of my close friends (the fashion guru Becky Ferris)  is completely smitten with 'The Great Gatsby' and has been waxing lyrical about all things Gatsby for weeks now. So on her recommendation I gave the soundtrack a listen to. But while she so enamored with Lana Del Rey, she forgot to tell me that Jack White features also! 'Love is Blindness' is what Jack White does best, sexy moodiness which bursts at the seams with epic guitar lines. A track I could certainly listen to for hours on end.




I'm so content with all the above that I almost forgot I have a 3 hour exam tomorrow.....



No comments:

Post a Comment